Day Ten
(once again, I do not have WIFI, so pics will have to
wait. But when I get home, I will post
so many pics. And Dr. Taylor and I will
post all our pics for the students on a Box file. There will be way more than 1000 pics and
videos!)
Hello everyone from the Cusco Airport! We are about to board a plane back to Lima
where we will meet our instruments and then board a plane after midnight for
our red-eye back to Houston.
What an amazing day! We
got a little later start today. We left
at 10. We packed up and boarded two vans
and headed out to our zipline location.
When we got there, we got fitted with our harness, gloves and helmets
and we listened to a safety demonstration.
After they saw how steep the climb was, they REALLY listened to the
safety demonstration.
Our guides were awesome.
They led us up the mountain (wait until you see how steep some of the “technical”
climbs were). We stopped halfway up the
mountain to stop and eat a box lunch that they fixed for us! The fried banana slice with chocolate was exquisite!
Then we headed the rest of the way up to the to the first
zip line. There were 7 total ziplines
and one of them we reached speeds of 50 to 60 kph. This was such a fun day. Words can’t do it justice, but the pics and
videos can. I promise to post tomorrow to
let you all see what an amazing adventure we had today.
When we were all safely on the ground, and many of us very
grateful to be there, we boarded the vans and headed back to Cusco, to the
airport. We have some time to wait, but
we all much prefer that then being rushed and/or late!
I cannot tell you how many times I have heard them planning
their first meals back (Chuys, Chick-fil-a, Waterburger (yes I am a Texan),
Chipolte, finally being able to drink tap water, and eat lettuce and salads and
strawberries!
I will make one more blog entry tomorrow when we get back to
Waco and I will include all of the pics that I haven’t been able to include
these last few days.
This truly has been an amazing adventure for us all. I am hoping that each of these students and
Dr. Taylor and my boys have experienced God, and humanity, and excitement, and
fun performances, and eye-opening experiences, and a different culture, and
history, and wonders of the world, and great food, and weird food, and
friendship, and becoming closer with their fellow jazz ensemble members, and a
trip that they will remember for a lifetime in this beautiful country.
Sic’em Jazz in Peru.
Tomorrow…Texas.
Thanks again for following us on our journey!
Comments
Post a Comment